Digital Blood pressure Monitor:
These device are designed for use at home and are becoming increasingly popular. These monitors typically consist of an inflatable cuff that is wrapped around the upper arm or wrist, and a digital display that shows the blood pressure reading. Some automatic blood pressure monitors can also store and track multiple readings over time, allowing individuals and healthcare professionals to monitor changes in blood pressure
Purpose of Taking B/P:
- To obtain baseline data for subsequent evaluation.
- To determine haemodynamic status (e.g cardiac output).
- To identify and monitor changes in blood pressure resulting from disease process or medical therapy (e.g rapid infusion or pain).
Sites of blood pressure measurement:
- Brachial: taken on the upper arm; most common site.
- Radial: taken on the lower arm; possible site for infants or clients who have very larger upper arms.
- Popliteal: taken on the thigh.
- Dorsalis pedis and posterior tibial: taken on the lower leg.
Wrist blood pressure monitor:
Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor It is a medical device used to measure blood pressure. It is a compact, portable device that can be worn on the wrist and provides a quick and easy way to check blood pressure.The device consists of a cuff that wraps around the wrist and inflates to create pressure on the artery. The cuff is connected to a small monitor that displays the blood pressure readings. The monitor uses a sensor to detect the pulsation of the artery and calculate the systolic and diastolic pressure.
Why we need wrist blood pressure:
Wrist blood pressure monitors are compact, portable, and easy to use. They can be carried with you wherever you go, and you can take readings quickly and easily without needing to remove clothing or expose your arm. Some people with mobility issues or disabilities that prevent them from moving their arms or shoulders, a wrist blood pressure monitor may be a more practical option.it can be more affordable than traditional arm blood pressure monitors, making them a more accessible option for people on a budget.
Upper Arm Blood pressure Monitor:
It consists of an inflatable cuff that wraps around the upper arm, a gauge or display to show the readings, and a pump to inflate the cuff. It typically consists of a cuff that is placed around the upper arm, a pressure sensor, and a display unit that shows the systolic and diastolic blood pressure readings. The cuff is inflated to temporarily stop the flow of blood in the brachial artery, and the pressure sensor detects the vibrations caused by the returning blood flow. The monitor then calculates the blood pressure based on these readings and displays the results on the display unit. Upper arm blood pressure monitors are commonly used at home, in clinics, and hospitals for diagnostic and monitoring purposes.
Benefit of an Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor:
- You can easily check your check your Blood Pressure at home without having to visit a clinic or hospital.
- It generally considered to be more accurate than other types of blood pressure monitors, such as wrist monitors or finger monitors.
- It can help detect hypertension early, allowing for timely intervention and treatment.
- Using an upper arm blood pressure monitor at home can be more cost – effective than frequent visits to the doctor or hospital for blood pressure check.
- An upper arm blood pressure monitor, you can track your blood pressure over time and adjust your lifestyle or medication as needed. This can help you manage your blood pressure and reduce the risk of health problems associated with high blood pressure, such as heart disease and stroke.